VH-BXF  de Havilland D.H.82A Tiger Moth               (c/n  DHA152/T186)

                               

                                     
Above is a rare photo (from the SA Aviation Museum, via Geoff Goodall) of a Tiger at Parafield
                                      in 1950 carrying Royal Aero Club of SA tail stripes. Civilianized ex RAAF disposals at Point Cook
                                      in August 1946 (ex A17-151), it was initially registered VH-AXF.        When DCA declared the
                                      VH-AX series 'prohibited registrations' it became VH-BXF in September 1949.  The shot below,
                                      by K. Burr, via the Civil Aviation Historical Society of South Australia shows it upside down at
                                      at Virginia, SA in May 1949.  This could have been a result of wind action, rather than having been
                                      pranged by a RACSA club member.   It was re-registered again in April 1951 as VH-BWF to be
                                      in line with the rest of the RACSA fleet.          When sold in 1957 it appeared for a brief period as
                                      VH-UEF but reverted to -BXF again following yet another restoration later in that year.         Bob
                                      Neate's shot (# 3 below) shows it as as agricultural  machine whilst working for Agricultural Aviation
                                      at Wagga, NSW in 1964.    Ken Watson's photo at the foot of the page was evidently taken after its
                                      aggie days were done, although I have no details on the date or venue of this shot.  -BXF was current
                                      into the new millennium but as of 2012 is no longer registered. .